Kai Iwi Lakes
A great place for young and old
Crystal clear freshwater | kayak, swim, fish & more!
Situated less than 30 minutes from Waipoua Lodge, the stunningly beautiful Kai Iwi Lakes cover an area of 305 ha (approx 755 acres). The crystal clear and extremely safe fresh water is suitable for a huge range of water based recreational activities such as kayaking, swimming and fishing, plus the surrounds provide the perfect place to walk, hike or simply relax by the water’s edge.
- During the summer months kayaks are available to hire at the lake edge
- An extensive walking track system has been developed within the reserve and around the lakes
- The lakes are freshwater and safe for swimming
- The depth is shallow making it ideal for those with a young family
- The water’s edge is an ideal spot to enjoy a picnic, play or simply relax with a good book
- Entry to the lakes is free of charge
- Vehicle access is possible right up to the water’s edge
- Fishing permits can be purchased to enjoy trout fishing at the lakes