Waipoua Lodge for children who love fun
but we also make sure that our other guests can relax and enjoy the tranquility of this special place
We enjoy welcoming children to Waipoua Lodge and making their stay just as special as for their Mum and Dad. There is so much to see on the Kauri Coast and at the lodge there are animals to feed, bushwalks to explore and bread that often is waiting for kneading!
Our Family Suites:
This suite has a mezzanine floor with two single beds and is suitable for children 8 years and over. The suite has a bath and a shower.
The Tack Room:
This suite has two bedrooms. The main bedroom has a Californian king bed and the second bedroom a king double bed which can convert into two king single beds. The suite only has a shower. There is a fully enclosed deck area safe for small children and a stable front door.
A roll-out bed for a child/small adult and/or cot can be added to either suite.
We also offer the complimentary use of a baby minder, high chair and bathroom step, toilet seat, nappy bucket etc.
Child Bed & Breakfast Rates
Infants (0-5 years) free of charge
Child (6-11 years) $50.00 per night
Adult (12 years and over) $80.00 per night
When other guests are in-house we ask that children under 8 years dine between 6.00 and 7.00 pm. Dinners are charged based on consumption with a 2-3 course menu being between $20.00 and $45.00
Things to do at the lodge:
- Enjoy a day of exploring and adventure discovering the Kauri Coast with its ancient forests and giant trees, crystal clear lakes, wild west coast, or safe swimming beaches and water holes. Quad bike (with an adult) or go sand boarding on dunes, meet puzzle giant Louis and his elephant, see cows in the field and perhaps adopt a kauri tree … there is just so much to do and see!
- Meet and make friends with all our pets – Bonnie (West Highland White Terrier), Mr McFuggly (Short Haired Birman cat), Holly & Bessy (native pedigree NZ kunekune pigs) and the two big goldfish and their growing babies
- Feed the pigs your leftovers and also feed the fish their food
- Receive a special personalised Activity Book with lots of fun things to do all about staying at Waipoua Lodge and exploring the surrounding environment
- Jump on the trampoline or climb up to the viewing platform
- Go on the bushwalk, find the hidden birds and search for kauri snails and wetas
- Enjoy the toy box, games, Ian’s puzzles and if you are little take a ride on the rocking horse
- Watch a DVD from the collection of children’s titles
- Enjoy Fran’s cooking with a special menu like homemade burgers, spaghetti bolognaise and a little bit of this and that kebab. If you are a budding Masterchef you might even be lucky enough to spend time with Fran in her ‘playroom’!
- Want to be a farmer? Ask Ian and he might take you for a ride on Kermit his tractor!
Waipoua Lodge is great because it is close to kauri trees and beaches with exciting waves. It also has great food, better than a restaurant and Fran taught us how to make pasta! It was a lot of fun with pigs (Holly & Bessy) to feed and a trampoline to play on.
If you have any questions or would like more information please do not hesitate to contact us