Waipoua Lodge enjoys welcoming children and making their stay just as special as for their Mum & Dad
The lodge is a child friendly place where children can have lots of fun, but we also make sure that our other guests can relax and enjoy the tranquility of this special place
Things to do at the lodge:
- Enjoy a day of exploring and adventure Discovering the Kauri Coast with its ancient forests and giant trees, crystal clear lakes, wild west coast, or safe swimming beaches, including quad biking (with an adult) and boarding on sand dunes, meeting puzzle giant Louis, seeing cows in the fields and tending young kauri trees that need planting … there is just so much to do and see !
- Meet and make friends with all our pets – Bonnie (West Highland White), Mr McFuggly (Short Haired Birman Cat), Holly & Bessie (Native NZ Kunekune pigs), the Chinese Silkie chicken and two big and four baby fish.
- Feed the pigs your leftovers and also feed the chicken & fish
- Receive a special personalised Activity Book with lots of fun things to do all about staying at Waipoua Lodge
- Jump on the trampoline or climb up the tree-house
- Go on the bushwalk, find the hidden birds and search for kauri snails and wetas
- Enjoy the toy box and Ian’s puzzles
- Watch a DVD from the collection of childrens’ titles
- Enjoy Fran’s cooking with a special childrens’ menu including things like ‘a little bit of this and that kebabs’, spaghetti bolognaise, homemade burgers, sausages, mini muffins, real fruit leather etc
- Serious budding Masterchefs might even be lucky enough to spend time with Fran in her ‘playroom’ !
Through the eyes of a young guest:
Waipoua lodge is great because it is close to kauri trees and beaches with exciting waves. It also has great food better than a restaurant and Fran taught us how to make pasta! It was a lot of fun with pigs (Holly & Bessy) to feed and a trampoline to play on. Olivia Webb Age 8 (Toronto – Canada)
Our Family Suites:
The Tack Room
This suite has two bedrooms with the second room being able to be configured as either a double or two singles. This suite only has a shower.
5-11 years $50.00 per night (bed & breakfast) (child rate)
12 years & over $80.00 per night (bed & breakfast) (adult rate)
When other guests are in-house, we ask that children 8 years and under dine between 6.00 and 7.00 pm. Dinners are charged based on consumption with a 2-3 course menu being between $20-$40.
The lodge also offers free use of a baby minder, porta-cot, high chair and child friendly bathroom accessories etc.
3 nights bed & breakfast (2 adults and up to 3 children under 12 years) $1,650.00
Offer subject to availability and only applicable to Woolshed or Tack Room Suites
At least two children must be 8 years or over if selecting the Woolshed Suite
Offer excludes other complimentary items included with our 2 & 3 night stay packages
Booking subject to 100% cancellation fee if cancelled within 30 days